SOME FILM LISTS
THE DIAGONAL PATH
THE STAGE IS IN YOUR MIND
TO CHECK THE SURFACE WITH BAREFEET, ABOUT THE SERIES OF "WALKING IN THE JUNGLE"
HARRY PYE'S POSTCARD FROM LONDON
LIVE AGAIN IN PEACE
SPEECH TO THE INVESTORS
AT THE FOUNDING MEETING OF THE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTALIST PARTY
- Life consists of the people you meet.
- Nonsense. Is there any fire-wood in the sauna?
- Under the house is full of dry wood. People guide you onwards. They tell you things about yourself that you can never dream of. I made a vihta. (the bundle of birch branches to beat yourself with in sauna).
- Did you visit your dog’s grave?
- Those birches (Betula pendula) can grow there in peace. I took from the other ones. Right from the road-side is not good to take.
- So you believe in incarnation.
- Incarnation. Who is thinking of incarnation? Nonsense. Indian tricks. I could visit India though. I wonder if the Hare-Khrishas exist there at all? Why do they come over here to freeze their asses off? Strange people. Vegetarian and something strange is cooking. Possibly making a trap for themselves. Yes, the drug police came for a visit. He has started to collect watches and his fourth child is on its way. He promised to come back for beer. It has been eight years since his last one. I wonder if he still carries matches in his pockets.
Sorcerer was referring to a drawing, where the drug police stands, looking dull in his uniform coverall, and the talking bubble says: “Ex-bomber, now shit in his pants, matches in his pockets.”
Sorcerer did not have a religion. People were his religion. People, including himself, were the source of endless lust for knowledge. Everything else became secondary. Whoever a human being and however small a move, it meant a lot for Sorcerer. The graphics of the carpet told him everything. He enjoyed travelling in people’s minds and he had all the right to. As a psychiatrist, it was like enjoying a walk on a sunny meadow watching the butterflies on the one hand and flowers on the other and following their attraction. The bees, bugs and other plants were also important – the whole nature as one, and human nature as part of it. We can say that Sorcerer loved the people, and himself most of all, and that the people loved him.
Sorcerer’s first orgasm had to do with his childhood president, president Kekkonen. Kekkonen was driving in his limousine towards Kainuu – region in the east of Finland, and the road came through Sorcerer’s home village. People were waiting beside the road to see the car of the statesman and to feel the presence of Väinämöinen (the storyteller in Kalevala epic). Nevertheless, Sorcerer was in his room distracted by himself behind cheap thin yellow curtains, watching the sand road with quivering lips. He was masturbating. He had wrapped a dying suruvaippa-butterfly (Nymphalis antiopa) around his penis, and in the rhythm of the fragile pulsating insect body was moving the silk-soft surface against his own skin. And when Kekkonen’s car came to his window, so came the young Sorcerer. This connection to Kekkonen would never die.
is an architect, artist, curator and a guest professor in Tamkang University, Taiwan. Below is the first chapter of his soon-to-be-published novel “The Construction Site of Eternity”.